lunes, 29 de diciembre de 2014

Music discovery

So last Saturday night, thanks to a lovely fanvideo I discovered a wonderful band that has been around since 1999, though their first album was published in 2003.

This band that I am about to introduce to you (maybe you already knew them, as I'm sure I had heard them before last Saturday), is called "Sleeping at Last".
Sleeping at Last was founded in Wheaton, Illinois, and even two of the three band members left the band eventually, the singer has kept the band sailing and from the little information I've gathered to thins point, he has help from other musicians though I think he pretty much does everything.

I've been listening to this band non-stop ever since I discovered and the main genre of the band is alternative/indie, with some rock "tendencies" in the first albums mainly and some websites also define this band's music as "baroque-pop" (which I had never heard of before) and also "emo" (which I personally haven't found to be truth, as least comparing to the emo music I used to listen to years ago).
I find it to be really calming music that you can listen to all day long, with lyrics that get to you and I just love this band so much right now. Totally recommend it.

So, to conclude, I'm leaving you here the song that made me want to hear more.
Hope you enjoy it!


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario