miércoles, 13 de mayo de 2015

The book of life

"Manolo, a young man who is torn between fulfilling the expectations of his family and following his heart, embarks on an adventure that spans three fantastic worlds where he must face his greatest fears." - IMDb

I decided to watch this movie because one of my roommates kept telling me to do it like, all the time. I'm so glad I gave it a go.

When you first start watching the trailer, or the movie, like I did, you might think "what are these strange creatures?" and also "this is a kids movie", but as you keep watching, you stop thinking that. At least, I stopped thinking about how strange their bodies are and started appreciating just the whole aesthetic of the movie (which I personally LOVED).

Something I also really enjoyed about this movie is the soundtrack. You get to listen to popular/known songs (at least they were to me) covered in a way you don't really get to listen to between the thousand covers you find on YouTube. It also has at least a couple songs that are original and it just makes it so great.
I must say, it's not a musical. Even if it has all these songs, it can't be considered a musical. In case there's someone out there that was thinking "ugh, no, a musical". Do not fear.

And that's it! As always, I leave you here the trailer to the movie. Enjoy!



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario