martes, 31 de marzo de 2015

Still Alice

"A linguistics professor and her family find their bonds tested when she is diagnosed with Early-onset Alzheimer's Disease." - IMDb

Oh, this movie. My mum wouldn't stop talking about it since she watched it and she was totally right to do so. It was amazing.

I love dramas in general, and the fact that this wasn't a romantic drama made it so much better. Not because I think romantic dramas are bad, I'm usually into romantic dramas, but I'm really picky with them. There are also plenty of family dramas, but this wasn't a typical one.

This movie explores Alzheimer, it shows you how it affects a person, and not in a "this old person at 80 has started showing signs/has just been diagnosed/etc" way, but from the perspective of an adult that still has so many years left to live and that her life depends on her brain capacity (to explain it in some way) and how she tries to prepare herself for when she starts losing herself and becoming just a body (that's the way I see it in my grandmother and other relatives, it leaves you as an empty shell).

It also shows the reactions of the people around that one person with Alzheimer: some blame her because it's an hereditary disease (like you can choose what you get), so there's a chance you can develop it; some decide to step out and kinda ignore the "problem"; and other sacrifice their lives to take care of that person, even if always, at some point, it's best if that person is taken care by nurses/professionals.

I just thought it was very interesting and beautiful though heartbreaking.

Also Julianne Moore is awesome and Hunter Parrish is on it too *wiggles eyebrows*

So if you're ready to shed a tear or two, or just feel interested about the movie I totally recommend you watch it, it's worth it.

As always, here I leave you the trailer in case you're interested. Enjoy!


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario